Sunday, June 12, 2016

6.12.16. CRYING (and trying)



  1. I love this girl's heart.
  2. The tragedy in Orlando this morning... too sad to even get into. 
  3. Donated.

- From her tumblr page MACH5BOOTYSLAPPING

*Support victims of the Orlando shooting tragedyhttps://www.gofundme.com/PulseVictimsFund


-------> this story was amended on 6/20/16.  Please be sure to read to the bottom.  I'm so glad it worked out this way for her! To have even a little understanding is a start toward healing and acceptance.  My best regards to my friend and her parents.  - C.D. 



CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT SUPPORT VICTIMS OF PULSE SHOOTING BY EQUALITY FLORIDA

http://t.umblr.com/redirect?z=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gofundme.com%2FPulseVictimsFund&t=ZTFmNjlkMWQ5ZTI2NjAyZGQ2YjBhYzZiYTQ4MjgxYjFlNjJjZDAxMCxhbHlOZTBkUQ%3D%3Dmarniemichaels:
Equality Florida, the state’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) civil rights organization is collecting contributions via this GoFundMe page to support the victims of the horrific shooting at Orlando’s Pulse Nightclub.
- Mom shares dailymail post about the Orlando shooting
-  One of her friends says “God is using Muslims to clean his world”
-Mom says something to the effect of “If this is a modern day Soddom and Gommorrah, that means all sinners should be punished, including our president.”
- I make two comments, ENRAGED. I’ve never struck against any of the homophobic shit my mom says.
- Mom deletes post
- I come out to my Mom
- gets drunk forever


Amendment 6.20.16


*From  the author, herself - posted on her page:

.... which reminds me — everything went better than expected? Like, insofar as what kind of reaction I thought I would receive, definitely 10/10.

Condensing it all (and there was a bit), Mom said, “Frankly, we aren’t shocked. You and Boything have had an unusual relationship for quite a while, you being called “wifey” by one of your friends and your utter belief in homosexual love have been clues all along. We still love you, you’re still our daughter, we aren’t going to cast you out. Sweetheart, I know there are families who turn their backs on their children, but that’s a kind of hate I can’t find in my heart to enact. You are still our loving Shannon who has taken a road neither of us could have predicted.” 

I grant you, she did go on to use a lot of God-related things, and did say “ And, it’ll be a bit awkward when we get together next….and maybe have the kind of conversation we should have had years ago. I guess I just figured that you were learning right from wrong by our example and words, at the time.” which kind of upset me, but I mean… if that’s the worst she’s got, if she isn’t going to hate or ridicule me or cast me out, then… I’ve come out so, sososo much better than so many people I know and love.
Also, for all of you who sent me love and hugs and positive thoughts and vibes, I love you all so, so much. I know I didn’t respond, but all those messages absolutely buoyed me during this past week, which has been… incredibly stressful. Thank you, thank you, thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment