Tuesday, October 30, 2012

[[ 04 ]] A MESSAGE TO MY PARENTS

EXHIBIT: A




(( I hope it reaches you in time )).



I will be who I am, with or without you. But I would rather it be with you.
If you cannot go where I am going, stay where you are – just watch through your telescope. 
If you cannot hear my songs, still talk to me about the meaning and grace of music.
But to blind yourself to my life and story, is to put out your own eyes – for fear of the sun.

It is what it is.  You neither make it, nor give it light. But understanding -- I will request. 
For Peace through Comprehension is a Divine Mission of all humanity.
Without it, we are deaf, dumb and ultimately damned –
      --  unable to learn from anything we don’t already think we know.

- T.M.


RELEVANT QUOTES FROM CLOUD ATLAS 
                       *Not only one of the finest movies of all time ~ 
                                     but a noble expression of something good, innovative and meaningful.

[01]  "Fear. Belief. Love. Phenomenon that determine the course of our lives.
          These forces begin long before we are born – and continue after we perish."

[02] "The problem you create is a political one. There is a natural order to this world - 
          and those who try to upend it, do not fare well."

[03] "Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present, 
         and by each crime and every kindness ~ we birth our future.” 

[04] "Yesterday my life was headed in one direction. Today, it’s headed in another."

[05] “. . .my dreams are the single unpredictable factor in my zoned days and nights. 
             Nobody allots them, or censors them. Dreams are all I have ever truly owned.” 

[06] “Mother used to say escape is never further than the nearest book. Well, Mumsy no, not really. Your beloved large-print sagas of rags, riches, and heartbreak were no camouflage against the miseries trained on you by the tennis ball launcher of life, were they? But, yes, Mum, there again, you have a point. Books don’t offer real escape, but they can stop a mind scratching itself raw.”

[07] "Truth is singular. It's 'versions' are mistruths.” 

[08] “Unlimited power in the hands of limited people always leads to cruelty.

[10] “Perpetual encagement endows any mirage of salvation with credibility.”

[11] "A life spent shaping a world I want Jackson to inherit, 
             -- not one I fear Jackson shall inherit, this strikes me as a life worth the living.”

[12] "Yesterday, I believe I would never have done what I did today.
          I feel like something important has happened to me.  Is ...this ...possible?"

[13] "All revolutions are the sheerest fantasy until they happen; 
            then they become historical inevitabilities.” 

[14] "Revolutionary or gimmicky? Shan't know until it's finished, and by then it'll be too late, but it's the first thing I think of when I wake, and the last thing I think of before I fall asleep, even if J. is in my bed. She should understand, the artist lives in two worlds.” 

[15] “History admits no rules; only outcomes.” 

[16] “My life amounts to no more than one drop in a limitless ocean. 
            Yet what is any ocean, but a multitude of drops? 






                                                WITHOUT THE VISION TO SEE FURTHER                                                                                                                       
                                                                                                               ALL THE WORLD GOES BLIND


No comments:

Post a Comment